- Cut out juices, sodas and alcohol – basically drink ONLY water. This includes DIET sodas – they are terrible for you, terrible for your diet. More on that in another post.
- Always park in the parking spot furthest from the entrance of wherever you are going. If you can park a block or two away, do that – it’s even better. If you can walk somewhere close instead of driving, do that. If you run out milk – walk to the market to get it or make yourself wait until the next time you will be going to the grocery store as punishment for not walking!
- Eat breakfast! It’s obviously better if you choose something healthy but regardless, you should eat something in the morning. Weight Loss tips that you can work into your routine and make into habits will help you far more than things that are too difficult or extreme to follow.
- Make lunch your biggest meal. Take weight loss tips from slim Europeans and have a lighter breakfast, a lighter dinner and the main event at lunch. If you are going to indulge, do it earlier in the day so you still have time to walk it off and make good choices for the rest of the day.
- Resist snacking – or at least resist snack foods. If you find yourself hungry during the day, don’t torture yourself. Have a small snack to tide you over until the next meal. Try a few almonds, some tuna, veggies, or an apple. Definitely avoid processed foods, chips, treats, and baked goods. They won’t keep you full and will make you crave more.
- Keep your portions under control when you eat in AND when you eat out. Portion control is the biggest diet savior or killer. If you can control your portions, you can eat out and eat whatever you like any night of the week, finances permitting of course. A great way to do this is to take a plastic container with you to the restaurant. As soon as your food is delivered – put ½ (or a 1/3 or ¾) of your meal in the container – seal it and forget about it…until tomorrow. If you want to eat everything on your plate and don’t want to have to worry about it, make it easy for yourself, and get the food off your plate when you still have enough focus and discipline to do so. This will be a major way to see weight loss if you stick to it. Don’t worry about what fellow diners think – they’ll be jealous of you the next day when you have delicious leftovers. Do the same thing at home. Put aside a portion of your food in a container to enjoy the next day. If you are hungry later, have a small snack such as veggies, a piece of fruit or celery with peanut butter. Eventually, you will not even notice the change in portion size – it will be natural.
- Choose this OR that – if you have a weak spot, whether it is a sweet tooth, a pizza lover, a salty chips fanatic or crave a huge popcorn at the movies – don’t deprive yourself. Simply choose to have your indulgence in place of something else. Don’t have the mega-sized popcorn after you just had a big dinner out. Forego an entre at the restaurant and get a light salad to allow yourself the popcorn without guilt later. If you know you are going to a birthday party where amazing cake will be the main attraction, avoid bread and pasta for lunch. Make a conscious choice. You want THIS, so you’ll give up THAT. Beyond that, if you can manage just a couple of bites of your favorites when they are presented, it’s even better!
These weight loss tips can be terrific small life changes that will help you lose weight over time. If you are looking for dramatic weight loss of 20 lbs in a short time, you will need to approach your weight loss plan more aggressively and choose a diet and exercise plan to keep you motivated and on track. If you need to lose a few pounds quickly, there are plenty of diets, crash diets and more healthy diets but know that whichever diet you choose, you will need to make lifestyle changes to maintain your weight loss. This bonus tip isn't really a weight loss tip but is a good tip for looking slimmer and like you've lost inches without the work and when you don't have the time to lose weight. Try Shapewear! Body shapers like Spanx and Flexees can make such a difference in the way you look. Check out some of the best affordable shapewear options, click Shapewear. Hopefully, some of these weight loss tips were helpful. Keep this weight loss tips cheat sheet in mind when trying to reach your weight loss goals.